29. What is your current project or projects? Haha. Well, I am actually partway through a prompt-fill for a crossover fic. I also have started several other prompts that have at least the first paragraph written. I am also still ruminating on ‘Renegades & Revolutionaries’. And I am considering the merits of doing a part 2 to Intro.
30. Do you have a favorite fic you’ve written? What makes it your favorite? And don’t forget to give us a link! Wow, that’s hard. I think I’d have to make that a tie between Ever After because it was the first canon verse story I wrote (and I still really like it) & Memento Vivere because the concept was something I’d been thinking about for awhile and it turned out better than I was expecting it to.
Hmmm, I had a little idea of a prompt; One weekend during a storm, the power goes out. Instead of playing video games, Bae decides to play a board game that all three of them can play together. (Bae possibly teaming up with his dad to beat his mother ^_^)
Squeee! Maybe Belle and Gold can dance at some point in this verse.
Adoption!verse: Belle and Bae play a prank on Gold.
So yeah, this happened. I wasn’t sure how to get the prank in here, but I think my solution worked well.
look kiddos: due to tumblr’s half-baked tagging system (where only so many tags count towards actually categorizing a given post), tags on this site have evolved into an acceptable form of dispensing and sharing commentary, but that is not the case on other websites — ESPECIALLY AO3. tags on AO3 are intended to be functional, not conversational, and not only do excessive paragraphs of tags like these look patently ridiculous and sell your work short, they also make life harder for the site’s tag wranglers who volunteer their time to keep the tags organized so people can actually find your fic.
in short, knock it off.
This is something I would never, ever say in almost any other circumstance, but if you tag your fic on AO3 as if you were tagging a tumblr post, YOU ARE DOING FANDOM WRONG.
AO3 tags are not Tumblr tags, space friends. Don’t do the thing.
things people do in fanfic no one does in real life
- smirk every frickin five seconds
- stutter to be cute
- be like “yeah ok” when asked to call someone “daddy”
- chuckle gently
- chuckle in general
- make simple misunderstandings into the biggest bitch fest you will ever experience
- NO ONE CHUCKLES IT DOESN’T HAPPEN
I chuckled so hard at this
well yes of course i want my otp to be happy
but first let me see one of them choking back tears at a hospital bedside while the other lies in a coma (◉‿◉✿)
how am i not tired of reading about the same two people falling in love in 5000 different ways yet
(the late ’90s/early ’00s American high school AU too many of us lived to actually need.)
7,549 words, this section; adult, definitely adult, this section.
a/n: I said this would be seven chapters, and it is, but I wish I’d split them slightly differently, because this one is long, and it goes almost right into, like, smut. So, if you need a little build up to get in that head-space, maybe re-read part of the previous chapter? Thanks for reading at all, actually, this one was fun! (and for the record, for the folks that asked, I was class of ‘01, so that’s what I was working with here, mostly.)
Title from Jimmy Eat World’s song of the same name.
If he lives to be 90, hell, if he lives to be 900, he is always going to remember this moment.
Making out with Rose Tyler in the teacher’s lounge during the homecoming dance — it’s destined to become one of those stories he tells, and retells, a testament to his glory days, and he is living it right now.
I’ve think I’ve mastered the art of nodding along and looking like I’m paying intense attention to a conversation when I’m actually working out plot points for fanfic
Summary: A FanFiction on the Rumbelle Honeymoon. Spoilers for Season 3, obviously.
1) I first started because a show I watch, Sue Thomas F.B.Eye (but it’s currently no longer on air), had message boards and fans would post fic on the message boards. They were…they’re called “round robins” or something but I don’t recall a fic ever not being a group effort on that particular board. Anyway, I read a bunch of stuff and once I added my own blurb and people liked it, I never looked back.
I think the reason I started there is the people were friendly and accepting. If a story headed in a different direction, people adapted. I remember gorgeous fic that probably should have ended differently but because someone added angst or romance or action at a particular time, it changed the story. It was as alive as the show in my mind and…it never stopped.
9) (this sort of has a prerequisite but because it wasn’t stated, I’m just answering 9)
For some I don’t have three pairings, I just have one or two but this is going to be long…
Harry Potter - Harry/Hermione, Ron/Luna, Ginny/Draco
Pride and Prejudice/LBD - Lizzie/Darcy, Jane/Bing(ley)
Twilight - Alice/Jasper, Bella/Edward
Pirates of the Caribbean - Will/Elizabeth, Phillip/Syrena
The Ultimate Gift - Jason/Alexia
Titanic - Jack/Rose
A Cinderella Story - Mary/Joey, Tami/Dustin
Avalon High - I don’t have one…I just thought I could write a better sequel than whatever is on ff.net…
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Buffy/Angel, Xander/Anya, Willow/(Tara or Oz)
Covert Affairs - Auggie/Annie
Doctor Who - Rose/(Nine, Ten, or TenToo), Martha/Mickey, Amy/Rory
Firefly - Mal/Inara, Simon/Kaylee
Frasier - Daphne/Niles, Roz/Frasier
Monk - Sharona/Disher
NCIS - Tony/Ziva, McGee/Abby, Gibbs/Jenny
Once Upon A Time - Belle/Rumple, Hook/Emma, Snow/Charming
Pushing Daisies - Ned/Chuck
Sue Thomas F.B.Eye - Jack/Sue, Bobby/Darcy
Only a few of those are OTPs but in general, those are my favorite to write.
30) Yes I do. Link is here. It’s finished and as of now, I have no immediate plans to add to it. I have a few other favorites I haven’t published because of whatever reason.
This fic holds a special place in my heart because my family was (and still is) very…disheartening when it came to writing and fandom. They didn’t like that I was as involved in writing and fandom as I was. One day I stumbled across the video that fic is based on and I was inspired. I messaged the creator and was given prompt permission to write an accompanying fic. It took something like two years to write it, polish it, break it down, edit it, and get it all published. It’s the first real multi-chapter story I’ve published and it’s a pairing (Tiva) I adore.
Looking back at it I would change a few things, and maybe one day I will, but not now. It came at the right time, from the right person, with the right words to keep me from totally writing off fandom and fic.