how am i not tired of reading about the same two people falling in love in 5000 different ways yet
(the late ’90s/early ’00s American high school AU too many of us lived to actually need.)
7,549 words, this section; adult, definitely adult, this section.
a/n: I said this would be seven chapters, and it is, but I wish I’d split them slightly differently, because this one is long, and it goes almost right into, like, smut. So, if you need a little build up to get in that head-space, maybe re-read part of the previous chapter? Thanks for reading at all, actually, this one was fun! (and for the record, for the folks that asked, I was class of ‘01, so that’s what I was working with here, mostly.)
Title from Jimmy Eat World’s song of the same name.
If he lives to be 90, hell, if he lives to be 900, he is always going to remember this moment.
Making out with Rose Tyler in the teacher’s lounge during the homecoming dance — it’s destined to become one of those stories he tells, and retells, a testament to his glory days, and he is living it right now.
I’ve think I’ve mastered the art of nodding along and looking like I’m paying intense attention to a conversation when I’m actually working out plot points for fanfic
Summary: A FanFiction on the Rumbelle Honeymoon. Spoilers for Season 3, obviously.
1) I first started because a show I watch, Sue Thomas F.B.Eye (but it’s currently no longer on air), had message boards and fans would post fic on the message boards. They were…they’re called “round robins” or something but I don’t recall a fic ever not being a group effort on that particular board. Anyway, I read a bunch of stuff and once I added my own blurb and people liked it, I never looked back.
I think the reason I started there is the people were friendly and accepting. If a story headed in a different direction, people adapted. I remember gorgeous fic that probably should have ended differently but because someone added angst or romance or action at a particular time, it changed the story. It was as alive as the show in my mind and…it never stopped.
9) (this sort of has a prerequisite but because it wasn’t stated, I’m just answering 9)
For some I don’t have three pairings, I just have one or two but this is going to be long…
Harry Potter - Harry/Hermione, Ron/Luna, Ginny/Draco
Pride and Prejudice/LBD - Lizzie/Darcy, Jane/Bing(ley)
Twilight - Alice/Jasper, Bella/Edward
Pirates of the Caribbean - Will/Elizabeth, Phillip/Syrena
The Ultimate Gift - Jason/Alexia
Titanic - Jack/Rose
A Cinderella Story - Mary/Joey, Tami/Dustin
Avalon High - I don’t have one…I just thought I could write a better sequel than whatever is on ff.net…
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Buffy/Angel, Xander/Anya, Willow/(Tara or Oz)
Covert Affairs - Auggie/Annie
Doctor Who - Rose/(Nine, Ten, or TenToo), Martha/Mickey, Amy/Rory
Firefly - Mal/Inara, Simon/Kaylee
Frasier - Daphne/Niles, Roz/Frasier
Monk - Sharona/Disher
NCIS - Tony/Ziva, McGee/Abby, Gibbs/Jenny
Once Upon A Time - Belle/Rumple, Hook/Emma, Snow/Charming
Pushing Daisies - Ned/Chuck
Sue Thomas F.B.Eye - Jack/Sue, Bobby/Darcy
Only a few of those are OTPs but in general, those are my favorite to write.
30) Yes I do. Link is here. It’s finished and as of now, I have no immediate plans to add to it. I have a few other favorites I haven’t published because of whatever reason.
This fic holds a special place in my heart because my family was (and still is) very…disheartening when it came to writing and fandom. They didn’t like that I was as involved in writing and fandom as I was. One day I stumbled across the video that fic is based on and I was inspired. I messaged the creator and was given prompt permission to write an accompanying fic. It took something like two years to write it, polish it, break it down, edit it, and get it all published. It’s the first real multi-chapter story I’ve published and it’s a pairing (Tiva) I adore.
Looking back at it I would change a few things, and maybe one day I will, but not now. It came at the right time, from the right person, with the right words to keep me from totally writing off fandom and fic.
Because I realized how long one week can be, and how much stuff gathers between two posts, here is a compilation of all “Honeymoon” Chapters so far. Of course, this post will be updated regularly.
Rating: All ages
Tentoo x Rose
Summary: Tony asks to take the Doctor (Tentoo) to school for Show-and-Tell
A/N: This was inspired by this head cannon that I sent to hardythehermitcrab Thank you so much to gallifreyslostson for giving some feedback on a question I had and to rudennotgingr for looking over the first parts for me and allowing me to vent to her! All mistakes are still mine!
It had been almost two months since Bad Wolf Bay 2.0. Two exhausting, confusing and emotional months since Rose and the Doctor had been brought back to Pete’s World. Two months of talking at Rose’s kitchen table over midnight snacks and getting to know each other again. Two months of playing with Tony at the park. Two months of laundry and grocery shopping and bills and work schedules. After everything she had seen traveling with the Doctor, Rose had always thought she would never be happy living on the slow path but she had never felt more settled or been happier than she was right now.
Rose shouldered open the front door to their London flat while balancing a bag of chips in one hand and holding her work bag in the other. “Doctor, I’m home!”
She dropped her bag by the front door and toed off her shoes before heading into the kitchen. She heard the Doctor make a noise that she assumed was a greeting but as he hadn’t actually said any words, she couldn’t be sure. She dropped the chips on the counter and headed into the living room where the Doctor was seated on the couch with his feet propped up on the coffee table. His new sonic screwdriver was clenched between his teeth while he twisted the wires of a walkie-talkie together.
Rose plopped on the couch next to him, removed the sonic from his mouth and kissed him on the cheek before asking, “What are you doing to your walkie-talkie?”
“Tony and I were picking up some stray signals so I’m adjusting the receivers so we don’t get any interference.”
Rose had been telling her little brother stories about the Doctor since birth so it came as no surprise that immediately after having met the Doctor, Tony became enamored with him. It also came as no surprise to any of them that the Doctor got along famously with the hyperactive and rambunctious 5-year-old because well…sometimes he was one himself. They went to the park together, did science experiments together and had matching converse. Tony had even asked Jackie for a tube of hair gel so he could do his hair like the Doctor’s.
During one of the Doctor and Rose’s weekly visits to the Tyler mansion for dinner, the Doctor had put Tony to bed and began telling the boy one of his stories. The next day, the Doctor had delivered a modified long range walkie-talkie to the Tyler mansion so that he would be able to tell Tony bedtime stories any day of the week.
Rose smiled and shook her head. His relationship with her little brother was one of the many things she adored about this Doctor.
“Speaking of Tony, I talked to Dad today while I was at work.” Rose said apprehensively. “Next friday is Tony’s day for show-and-tell.”
“Oh, fantastic! What is he taking,” the Doctor asked excitedly as he plucked the sonic from Rose’s hand and continued working on the walkie-talkie.
“Well, he told Dad that he really wants to take you.” Rose looked pointedly at the Doctor to gauge his reaction.
Day 15 of the Rumbelle Newlywed Challenge. Rum and Belle shop for curtains.
When her husband, yes husband, suggested that they should start making his house ‘theirs’ Belle had been all for it. It was one thing to be dating and…
Anon prompted: Dark Castle prompt: Belle accidentally spills a potion on herself that allows her to read other people’s minds. Rumple had originally been planning to use the potion on himself to hear Belle’s thoughts but now it’s all backfired and Rumple has no idea’I have been sitting on several prompts for so long. But I finally managed to write one! And I’m happy with it, so that’s always a plus! I hope you enjoy, anon!
First things first: NO SUCH THING AS TOO MANY FANFICS. ;) I envy you, I really do. I wish I could come to these fics for the first time again. Re-reading is fun but to have that first experience… wow. You have some fun ahead of you! I’ll share a list of my absolute faves with you and point you in a direction to maybe find some more.
Now, I don’t know if you are interested in smutty fanfic or not… if not then I apologize. That’s pretty much the sum total of my favorite fics. WHOOPS.
Sorry not sorry. If you are interested, well, then you’re in for a treat:
- Beautiful Dancer by psyfi-geekgirl - brilliantly smutty oneshot that takes place in a club setting. Basically, this is my crack.
- Staking His Claim by ThroughanAmberFocus - A rather short-ish look at post-Journey’s End if Tentoo had never been created and Rose was traveling with Ten. Features another club scene (WOOT!) and a jealous Doctor. Oh yeah.
- Thermoregulation by nocookiesjustbooks - The granddaddy of all dry humping fics. This is GLORIOUS and hot and her characterisation is just flawless.
- Sub Rosa by sinecure - I could talk for years about how much I love this fic. My most favorite Doctor/Rose fic of all time. It’s a post-Doomsday reunion story in Pete’s World with PLENTY of gorgeous angst. Yes, Rose is an escort. If you have a problem with that, then give it a skip but omg, I love this fic so much.
- Coaster Castles (and other sturdy defenses) by rallalon - Do I detect another club scene? Rose initially mistakes this guy for Nine, who is her Doctor currently. But he’s not him. Instead he’s a rather sad looking dude in a pinstripe suit. BATHROOM SHAG. And angst. But I love this so much.
- Synonyms by karenscribbles - One of those Doctor-had-a-bad-dream-and-pulled-Rose-into-bed-with-him-and-it-lead-to-sex stories. GUH.
- Finally Yielding by moonlitjune - besides Cara’s incomparable Part Human series, this is my favorite Tentoo/Rose fic. Its a “first time” one shot but its done just brilliantly.
- To Dream a Life by WildWinterWitch - This is basically the Human Nature AU to end all HN AUs. Reunion fic with smut and just… glorious. Simply glorious. Still not sure why Donna was there instead of Martha but… *shrug*
- Aggression by KCRae - what would it be like if the Doctor experience a mating heat? Something like this, I imagine.
And if that’s not your bag, check out this site, which has recs for different fics based on their theme. So if you want non-smut or a specific Doctor or a particular trope, its easy to separate out and find the fic you want. Lovely! Happy reading!